Out with the old, in with the new! - BanoffeeCouture

Saturday 4 February 2017

Out with the old, in with the new!

Today's post is going to be split into two. I've had a really busy day which started with shopping and ended with half of my wardrobe going out of the window! So lets start with the old and finish off with the new. Here's a little guide of how to cleanse your life... well kinda.

I've been meaning to do this for a long time - about a year or so to be exact! We moved house nearly two years ago now and the last time I really had a clear out was then. I managed to fill 9 bin bags full of things to go to the charity and more for eBay. To be honest, the eBay pile never really budged as it took so long to list things, they've ended up back in my wardrobe. My wardrobe was really bursting with stuff - or should I say wardobes... I have a double walk-in wardrobe in my room and a single one in the spare room! So much so, I was too embarrassed to take a picture. Today I have spent around 2 and a half hours taking everything out and putting them into piles. There were jeans, tops, skirts, shorts and all sorts of things mushed up together. Each side of my wardrobe has a shelf and two poles so here are some rules first:

Side 1: Jeans, skirts and jumpers.
Side 2: Dresses and tops.

Pile 1: Keep and hang
Pile 2: Vacuum bag for summer
Pile 3: eBay/charity shop

After I'd sorted one side into piles, I'd then sort things out into jumpers, jeans etc. I folded my jeans onto the shelf, hung jumpers on the bottom pole and skirts on the top pole. It looks so much better and I can actually see my clothes! There were so many things that I had not worn for ages or even at all. It really helped for me to think of my ideal wardrobe/outfit and imagine if that item would fit in there - if not, let someone else have it who would love it. There were so many things, such as skirts, that don't suit me anymore. Once you start to see the space improve it's so much easier to be ruthless!

Do the same with your make-up, lotions, nail varnishes etc. Get some good quality items that you use all the time. There were so many items that were completely rubbish that I'd only bought cause they were cheap. Getting good quality cosmetics is so much cheaper in the long run. (I do keep telling myself this... honest).


Happy (early) spring cleaning!

No comments:

@templatesyard